Sunday, March 1, 2009

WEEK INTO WEEKEND. TONS OF SHOWS. LOVE LIFE.



This week and weekend was fucking great. I saw a lot of awesome bands this week. First show being Zoroaster, Valens and Thundercoffin at America. Valens and Thundercoffin are two bands that you need to get into. Thundercoffin is something that you get very high to without doing any drugs at all. Riff high. Madden's brother is a riffaholic and Jeff Cannonball is the grim reaper. GDP is a beatmaster and Madden is a faggot. Mix all of this together and you have a good band. Valens is hell coming at you with tons of riffs. NJ is on top. Seriously. Decent turnout at this show but im gonna get into the most important thing. Zoroaster. Holy god damn shit. This was easily the loudest band that I have ever heard. As you can see in the picture I post above their guitar set up is ridiculous. This wasnt just a show it was a "show" if that makes any sense at all. They had smoke machines,  a light show, and played in the pitch black. Id say they are all in there 30's and cant be anything short of deaf. They were so god damn loud and it ruled for as much as I could take. Some of the bass tones honestly rattled my own brain. I had to leave the room with five minutes left in their set because my ears were ringing so much and on the verge of bleeding. Pretty sure they are headlining one of the days at Scion Fest. Pretty wild. I stumbled out of the tiny basement room and I believe I was trying to talk to people but could only yell. A good RTF get together none the less. Show ruled.

Saturday was Have Heart, Bracewar, Mother Of Mercy, My Luck, Rival Mob and Bad Seed in New Jersey at DA CHURCH. Show was packed to the fucking wall. Kids scattered from PA, NJ, and NY and a few other states for this one. Easily over 300 people there all together. Every band that I caught fucking ripped it. Not to many scuffles except some jerkoff in the back but that got taken care of immediately. Show went off without a hitch and proved that NJ is pretty much stronger than ever. Its good to see people from other states come in and get along with everyone and just show common respect for one another. Great times. The Stelton Church is where its at. Tons of mosh, stagedives, and love. Respect.

Today I took the trip out to Doylestown with SnakeV and Rotting Man. Pretty much the same lineup as yesterday except Pulling Teeth and Ringworm played. Yes Ringworm. I basically payed 12 dollars for this show just to see Ringworm play "Justice Replaced By Revenge" and they did and I got my moneys worth. Sucks they didnt play "God Eat God" but what can you do? I also wanted to catch Rival Mob really really bad since I had missed them on Saturday but I missed them yet again. Band is seriously so good. I will get around to seeing them. Mob Rules All. Show was real cool. Good vibes. Awkward at times during Pulling Teeth but that was only cause they played some new songs which I am very excited to hear on recording. They sounded pretty epic. 250 plus. Show was packed. Good Turnout. Its time to passout. Snow suxxx and prevented me from picking up my girlfriend in philly. I wanted to get rootbear floats with her and pull an all nighter but the roads are slippery as shit. Life is good to me. Keepin clear. Steering straight. 



-Bear

www.myspace.com/valensvalens

No comments:

Post a Comment